This blog is all about Food. Real Food. Food that Nourishes, Heart and Soul.

Real Ingredients, Organic and Locally sourced whenever and where ever possible, shared with love.

No packages, no ingredients that are impossible to pronounce.

Real, honest food, from my kitchen to yours. Enjoy!

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Zucchini Spinach Salad



I made this salad for my brothers birthday dinner on the weekend. There was an awesome picture of a similar salad on Pinterest, but when searching for the actual recipe, there were only links to the picture. So, me being me, I invented my own. I think it turned out pretty well. I had the leftovers for lunch the following day and it holds up well. I almost liked it better after it sat, so don’t be afraid to make it in advance!  Feel free to use any feta you like, but I highly recommend using the Raw Sheep's Milk Feta from Best Baa, it is my favourite feta EVER!!

Zucchini Spinach Salad

Salad:
6 cups organic baby spinach, lightly packed
1 medium organic zucchini, sliced thin
1/3 cup chopped fresh organic basil
½ cup toasted organic pumpkin seeds
½ cup dried organic, juice sweetened cranberries
2/3 cup Best Baa Raw Sheep Milk Feta, crumbled (or feta of choice)
Dressing:
1/3 cup organic olive oil
Juice of ½ an organic lemon
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white balsamic)
½ tsp Herbamare or sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

I used my spirulizer to get
the zucchini nice and thin, you
could also use a mandolin or
a vegetable peeler to get
nice thin slices!
Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, and toss well with combined salad ingredients.
Serve right away, or refrigerate till needed, up to 8 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment