This blog is all about Food. Real Food. Food that Nourishes, Heart and Soul.

Real Ingredients, Organic and Locally sourced whenever and where ever possible, shared with love.

No packages, no ingredients that are impossible to pronounce.

Real, honest food, from my kitchen to yours. Enjoy!

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Grain Free Honey Madelines

206 Centennial Crt.
Kitchener, ON Canada
N2B 3X2

1-800-265-2961 
Tel: 519-749-2710 
Fax: 519-749-9617 
info@shopatstop.com
I have a kitchen gadget problem. There, I admit it. It’s out in the open. (Actually, all you have to do is step foot in my kitchen, it’s not a very well kept secret!) Shopping in kitchen stores is probably my favourite addiction, and this past Saturday I found my Nirvana. “S.T.O.P.”  Restaurant Supply in Kitchener Ontario has to be the coolest (and largest) kitchen store I have ever had the (immense) pleasure to visit. This place has everything! My mom and I spent well over an hour wandering their aisles, ogling all of the treasures (Ok ok, I was doing most of the ogling, my mom was laughing at how excited I was about some of the things I found!)
kitchen gadget bliss :)


this spoon is huge!!





Loved this footed bowl,
but I left it there so I
have a good excuse to
go back :)

Love Love Love
these Weck jars!!



My final purchases, plus an oven temp
thermometer that was already in use!


One of my favourite purchases of the day had to be this Madeline pan. I have wanted one for eons, but since going grain free, it was moved way down on my wish list. Who ever heard of a grain free Madeline?? Enter Pinterest, and a random grain free cookie search, and my itch for the Madeline pan came back with a vengeance. I knew i had to own one, and this little beauty was such a great price, now I kinda wish I had bought 2!!


My first attempt at a grain free version of a Madeline worked beautifully. I used a combo of my fav grain free flours and kept it pretty simple, making a honey version, but I can see alternate-flavour potential written all over this one…citrus, chocolate, espresso, lemon rosemary…I could go on and on and on!  But for now, here is the recipe for the Honey version that is an excellent starter recipe.  So, splurge on a Madeline pan, these little beauties are well worth it! 


Grain Free Honey Madelines
Makes 24 Madelines

 3 eggs, preferably pastured
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
----------
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup almond flour
3 Tbsp Chickpea flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour

Preheat oven to 350F. Place rack in middle of oven. Lightly grease Madeline pan and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whiz the wet ingredients together with an immersion blender until frothy, about 1 minute. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix just until there are no more lumps. Let batter stand 5 minutes to thicken up. Whisk again, making sure it is nice and smooth, and not too thick. A pancake batter consistency is what you are going for. 
Spoon a scant Tbsp of batter into each section of your greased Madeline pan.


Bake on middle rack of preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until starting to brown around the edges and are poufy and firm to the touch on top




Remove from oven and flip out onto a clean kitchen towel. (if they don’t release give the pan a firm tap on the counter and they should fall right out. 
Let pan cool completely, repeat process with remaining batter. Let cookies cool and enjoy. 
Dip in Chocolate if desired :) 
(Store any remaining cookies in the fridge or freezer, bringing to room temperature before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment